About the NBOHNG
The NBOHNG began informally in 1977 and was founded in 1978. The group is a recognized special interest group of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick, and a member of the Canadian Occupational Health Nurses Association.
Our members are...
- Registered Nurses with either a diploma or degree in Nursing (RN, BN);
- Registered Nurses who have a diploma or certificate in Occupational Health Nursing;
- Registered Nurses with certification in Occupational Health Nursing, recognized by the designation Certified Occupational Health Nurse Canadian COHN(C), have met the academic, experience and examination requirements of the Canadian Nurses Association;
- Active and associate membership in NBOHNG.
The NBOHNG offers its membership...
- Current information and guidance on standards of practice and clinical, ethical, managerial, legislative and regulatory issues;
- A forum to facilitate professional growth and improved practice through exchange, support, education and research;
- Learning activities that enable the OHN to develop and manage cost-effective quality Occupational Health and Safety programs and services.
Your Occupational Health Nurse: A valuable corporate asset
Focuses on health promotion, accident and illness prevention, education, treatment, rehabilitation, consultation and evaluation.
- Health and Safety Policy Development
- Occupational Health Program Development
- Disability Management
- Return-to-Work Assessment
- Nurse/Employee/Manager Consultation
- Modified Work Programs
- Emergency Response System
- Post-Traumatic Incident / Stress Counselling
- Ergonomic Policies
- Legislation Awareness
- Hearing Conservation
- Back Injury Prevention
- Chemical Monitoring / WHMIS Education
- Hazard Identification
- Repetitive Strain Injury Prevention
- Environmental Auditing
- Lung Function Testing
- Pre-placement Assessment and Periodic Health Monitoring
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Stress Management
- Teaching CPR and First Aid
- Healthy Lifestyle and Wellness Promotion
- Disaster Planning
- Immunization Programs
- Consultation/Referral to Appropriate Resources
- Record Keeping and Statistical Analysis